M.V. Lomonosov Educational – Scientific Technological Institute of Food Industry
M.V. Lomonosov Technological Institute of the Food Industry (M.V. Lomonosov TIFI) of the Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies is a scientific and educational center that brings together four major departments: technological processing of grain, bread products, confectionery products, mixed fodders and biofuels, technological processing of food products, perfume and cosmetics, examination and commodity science, wine technology and nanobiotechnology, innovation food technology, hotel - restaurant and tourist business.
Activity of the M.V. Lomonosov TIFI provides:
- provision and implementation of fundamental and applied researches and scientific and technical elaborations within the priority directions of science and technology for the research schools that function at the ONAFT;
- participation in work of cross-industry and research laboratories;
- organization and carrying out of professional trainings, seminars for specialists and enterprises of the food and grain processing industry;
- search for talented students for creation of the future professional elite of Ukraine who will generate new profitable ideas for business;
- implementation of current requirements to education on the basis of theoretical analysis and practical information on the world, European and Ukrainian tendencies of development for food and grain industry, participation of the leading specialists in the food industry in the studying process;
- international scientific, scientific-technical and educational cooperation with partner universities, companies, funds, professional associations, leading European centers, as well as student participation in international Grants;
- carrying out of researches and elaborations by students, creation of competitive scientific and applied research works and the latest technology in the food industry, implementation of innovation activity and on that basis provision of conditions for advanced scientific and technical training of highly qualified specialists for the food and grain industry;
- assistance in accumulation of scientific knowledge, intellectual property by the undergraduates, postgraduates and doctoral students for their further employment in the specialty as scientific and scientific- pedagogical workers, designers of national technologies, managers of scientific and technological business and public administration in the sphere of education, science, engineering and technology;
- implementation of new technology transfer within the framework of scientific, technical and industrial cooperation and cooperation with the food and grain industry;
- preparation of a scientific and methodological base for mastering qualification of scientific and teaching staff, postgraduate training and retraining of the personnel in the key areas of scientific and research activity of the TIFI named after M.V. Lomonosov.